Thursday, March 28, 2013

Introduction



 Hello,
In this blog I will be comparing two different musical cultures. The cultures I have chosen are Italian Opera and Chinese folk music. The reason I selected theses different cultures is because I enjoy reading about Opera’s and I have always been ancient fond of Chinese culture. The music pieces I have chosen to compare from the two different musical cultures are "Madam Butterfly" by Puccini and "Mo Li Hua" noted by John Barrow. The, Mo Li Hua, has many different variations but I will be using the first variation that was provided from Sir John Barrow on his first expedition to China. I will proceed this analyses by first going into depth with both pieces individually by melody, instrumentation, voices, and origin. Then I will provide two links that will attach both on the two different musical cultures together. The links will be explained and will show proof with small clips of the pieces from the music score that I have provided but I do not own alights are reserved to the publishers. 
                                                                                                 Hope you enjoy the blog.